- Silanes are widely used to improve the adhesion of a broad range of adhesives and sealants to inorganic substrates such as metals, glass and stone. Sealants are based on filled, curable elastomers and have the dual purpose of preventing passage of water, air and chemicals through the zone where applied, plus serving as an adhesive in some cases. Their usefulness in aircraft, automotive, and construction industries depends upon forming durable bonds to metal, glass, ceramic, and other surfaces that will withstand exposure to heat, ultraviolet radiation, humidity and water.
- Adhesion Promoters: When added to adhesives or used as primers on substrates, Silanes often provide dramatic improvement in adhesion by reducing moisture attack at the interface. This results in improved Moisture resistance, Temperature resistance and Chemicals resistance.
- Crosslinkers: Silanes can be used to crosslink polymers such as acrylates, polyethers, polyurethanes, and polyesters to improve Tear resistance, Elongation at the break, Tear propagation, Abrasion resistance.
- Water Scavengers: Because Silanes react very rapidly with water, they can be used in a formulation to capture excess moisture to prevent premature cure during compounding, Enhance uniform curing, and Improve package stability.
- Coupling Agents: When used as a coupling agent, Silanes bind organic polymers to mineral or siliceous fillers, resulting in improved mixing, and better bonding of pigment or fillers to resins, increased matrix strength.
Cám ơn bạn đã quan tâm đến sản phẩm và dịch vụ của công ty Sơn Anh chúng tôi!